Thursday, May 16, 2013

Honoring Officers Day!

Day 4 of our Police Week events is "Honoring Officers Day"! Let your local law enforcement know how much you appreciate the job they do keeping the community safe by putting their lives on the line for the safety and protection of others. They have taken an oath to serve and protect and it often comes at a price.  Each year, there are approximately 60,000 assaults on law enforcement officers nationwide, resulting in nearly 16,000 injuries. Please take time today to tell an officer Thank You.

You are brave, strong, and willing
To do what most would not dare.
I thank you for all the help
And my promise to you is, I will care.
I will obey the law,
I will respect what you do and say,
I will tell my friends to be aware of,

What you sacrifice for us each day.
By: Katelyn Lord, Wyoming Valley West 8th Grade
(1st place county winner of 2006 S.O.L.E. Cultural Arts Contest)